Helping out at school is a great way to get involved in your child’s education as well as get to know the staff and other parents and carers.
Research shows that children benefit when their parents or carers are actively involved in their education and school life.
You can help by:
- listening to children read in the classroom
- volunteering on sports days
- helping supervise excursions
- getting involved in fundraising activities
- joining school committees.
To volunteer at school, you will need to complete a Declaration for Volunteers and provide 100 points of ID to the school office. Parent/carer volunteers are not required to provide a Working with Children Check.